Friday, October 8, 2010

Forever, Unseparable

Forever, Inseparable

We had so much going for us
Why did you have to leave me now?
I wish I could’ve said goodbye

As soon as you walked out the door,
I knew that something was messed up
We had a fight the other night
And we said things we didn’t mean

A few hours past, something wrong
Turned on the news, saw the report
Felt bad for those involved
Until the call got through to me

You say it can’t happen to you
You beat it in until it’s true
And when it happens, you deny
Until you see it with your own eyes

I rushed down as fast as I could
Not fast enough
They apologized for my loss
I broke down there

I went home remembering us
Remembering all that we had
I couldn’t stand the suffering
So I decided to end it
End my suffering

I plodded glumly through the door
And I grabbed the knife from its place
Saying a few words to calm down
I drove it through my aching heart
I suffer no more

Woman’s Voice: “Why did you go through with it, love?”

My voice: “I can’t live without you and I
couldn’t let you be mad at me.”

Woman’s Voice: My sweet, I wasn’t mad at you.
I love you too much to be mad.”

I wrapped my celestial arms
Around you, and I held you there
Forever, inseparable

No comments: