Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ode to the breakup

Wrote this a while ago and I realise this could apply to pretty much any break-up.  Was written with someone in mind, though, and only that person will know who that was.

What am I to do
Now that I am without you?
I thought we had something real
But I seemed to be wrong again

Yet despite it all
How hard I try not to
When I look back on us,
I feel only joy

You helped me realise
I could finally be
the man I need to be
I could finally grow

Despite how it ended
I can't wish ill on you
I've always wanted you
to be happy

You might not read this email
thinking I might want to start
more trouble for you and yours
but I felt you should know this...

I just want you to be
happy as you can be
even if it ain't with me...

Have a beautiful life
however you choose to live it

No comments: