Friday, April 5, 2013

Anime Spring Season 1

Short post time! I'm going to put a short synopsis of some of the anime out this season, along with the locations that are streaming them (legally, if they exist)

Since I'm going to try and keep this rather organised, I'm going to use a list type format, since it's easier to keep track of that way.
  • The Devil is a Part-Timer: The basis for the story is that in an alternate world, humanity is under attack by the demon lord Satan. His generals are beating back humanity, and things look bleak. However, a hero appears, and helps lead humanity to victories against the demon, eventually sieging the keep of the demon. Before the hero can defeat Satan, he opens a gate and catapults himself into our world. The series seems to follow the hijinks he and one of his generals gets up to. While it seems to be very dramatic, I found myself laughing far more than I should have. It's pretty awesome. Funimation has licensed the series, and I'll update this post with a direct link to the funimation page when it appears.
  • Devil Survivor 2: This series originally existed as a DS game, so I'm hoping they do the series right. It follows a set of people who have signed a pact with the Devil to fight invaders hoping to destroy the world. Crunchyroll has acquired streaming rights to this; simulcast streaming requires a subscription, however.
  • Majestic Prince: A sci-fi anime set in a future where humanity has left Earth and utilize genetically modified teenagers (pilotinging giant robots) called Princes for gathering resources and fighting aliens. I've not watched it yet, but the synopses I've read make it seem like most giant robot anime. Still, there's nothing wrong with giant robots, so here's hoping it works out well. Crunchyroll has also acquired this one.
  • Oreimo 2: A sequel series, it follows a girl who is deep into the Otaku culture, and her brother. After learning of her hobby, he goes to great lengths to help her keep it secret while also helping her come to terms with it - alongside the rest of her responsibilities. Yet again, Crunchyroll has this one (I can't be sure, but I believe the first season is available to free members).

So, there are dozens more series this season, but this is all I feel like posting right now. Once I'm more familiar with what else is coming out this season, I'll make a second post for it.

No comments: