Thursday, April 11, 2013

Stuff

Sorry for the lack of updates. There's been nothing going on that warranted a post, so I'm going to vomit something into this one to make something worthwhile.

First up, I'm going to throw a bit down about Torchlight 2. I bought it a couple days ago since I hadn't played it and it seemed like a good idea. I was slightly on the fence about the art style since it seemed cartoony for the game type, but it's just as fun as a Diablo clone should be. I probably ruined the game for myself since I started immediately with a huge mod for the game, Synergies. I don't really know all that Synergies does, but from what I've seen, it's got a boatload of new additions - including the Stash, which allows you to move items from character to character (and accessible at any time, as opposed to when you're in town) - that both make the game easier and more loot-based. I have a mod enabled for high loot drops and, coupled with a 'leveling' map filled with Elites, Heroes, Uniques and Bosses, I have to send my pet to town dozens of times in the span of a few minutes to buy and sell stuff - a big bag mod is almost required.
 
The character I started with was an Embermage, but the one I've taken through the leveling map is a Berserker. I don't think I could do the maps with an Embermage, since I'm relying on lifesteal on my Berserker to stay alive - 10% health return with each crit, a mana-based ability that gives me life if I hit more than 2 enemies at a time, etc - so I'd have to build my mage accordingly. At any rate, I think I'll stick with my mage for a non-Synergies run, for simplicity's sake.
 
Next come a few games I'm looking forward to trying. The first one I'm excited for is Arcane Saga. Previously known as Prius Online, publisher Netmarble acquired it and is bringing it back for a second try. Before it was released state-side, I participated in a Korean beta test and loved what I saw. The combat felt exciting - you play as a typical MMO character, but you soon get tied to an 'Anima', a giant that fights with you and can be switched in your place. The graphics look gorgeous, and I'm looking forward to it. Open beta starts on May 7th, so look forward to a post on it.
 
The other MMO I'm intrigued about - and which is downloading as I type, is Age of WuShu by SnailUSA. If you're not familiar with Snail, don't feel bad. Until I heard of this, I hadn't heard of them either. The game looks interesting - the screenshots I've seen make me think of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Unfortunately, the website seems to be very badly organised, so I can't say for sure what the game is about or anything more than what I've already touched on. I'll make a post specifically about this once I get the chance to run through it a bit.
 
Anyway, that's really all I have going today; stay tuned for updates on nothing in particular!

No comments: