Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Miss You

I Miss You
 
I lay in bed wide-eyed and restless
Looking at the ceiling above me
And I remember what we had then.

I miss the warmth of your skin on mine
I long for the moments we spent alone
I want to feel your breath against my chest
I miss all the little things we smiled at
Enough to let me know I still feel something

Nothing feels the same anymore
I feel dead inside
I long for the times we spent in silence
I feel useless now
No one is a reason for me to stay
Why should I care?

Everything I see brings me back to you
I want it to stop
Everyone I know is connected to you
I want to go back
Back to the time before you caught me
Back before it all
Back before you grabbed my soul and squeezed
Back before your friends
Before I became the castaway

I miss all the little things about you
I miss it all
But most of all
I miss the thought of you
You were everything to me and more
Even now you permeate my thoughts
Months after I still can't stop thinking of you
I want it to go away
I want it to stop
But try as I might
I embrace my sorrow
And craft it into my strength

I long to spend a night with you again
Much like we did that night
I long to return to the throes of passion
That overtook us on that fateful night
I long to know that everything we did
Wasn't just a mistake or a fluke
I long to know how I truly feel about you
And how you truly feel about me

Time is but an enemy to ones opponent
Yet I hate to see you as such
I want to be able to open myself
To another like I did to you
In hopes of not being stricken down
By sorrow and heartbreak

I didn't know that my idiocy
Would leave such an impact
Is it so wrong to now know?
I wish I knew then what I know now
And maybe we could still be joined as one.

No comments: