Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Wish The Pain Would Subside

Second set of lyrics.

I wish the pain would subside
I wish you would leave me be
I wish you would go away
I tried hard to help you out
I tried to solve your problem
I tried to give you comfort
But you would have none of it
You pushed me away constantly.

I gave it my all
I did what I could
I wish you'd see that
I wish you would help me now
I wish you would show me you care.

I look down on my life
And see that I had it better than most
But from the way I was treated
You must've thought I was dirt.

I look back on the way
I had acted to you
And how I took the hardship
And I knew I could've
Handled it better
But I did what I thought
Was the right thing to do

I was so depressed
That I was treated like this
By one whom I thought a friend
My god I wish it would go away
I wish the pain would subside.

I look down on my scars
The knife hadn't cut enough
To give me serious wounds
But it destroyed my view of others
So much I might never
Be able to love again.

The scars weigh down upon me
I feel the scars weighing down
On my soul and I wonder
Maybe I could've handled it better
I wish you would protect me
I wish the pain would subside

Why couldn't I have seen it?
Why couldn't I tell your thoughts?
Why couldn't I interpret you?

I could've saved myself
The pain and the heartache
And not have been connected
As deeply as I was then.

I hope you rot in hell
For the way you treated me
I hope you pay
For the way you treated me
I hope you feel the pain
That you inflicted on me.

I give you my pain forever
And I hope you never hurt me
Or anyone else ever again.

No comments: