Saturday, September 25, 2010

You Are My One And Only

First in a fairly long line of poems/song lyrics I wrote.

When the sun rises
When the birds whistle
When the creatures stir
I began to think of you.
You are always on my mind
You are always on my thoughts
I wish you knew
How much I loved you
Then and now.

Maybe we ne'er would've parted
In the manner that we did
Tis a shame that we could
Ne'er make something of it.

Yea, though I walk
The path of adversity
You will never hurt
Whilst I'm around to stop it
So help me god
You are my one and only.

When the moon rises
When the owls hunt
I will always remember
Your e'erlasting beauty;
Your sweet embrace
Under the moonlit sky.

Yea, though I walked
The path of adversity
I tried my best to keep
You from hurting
And I failed
For this, I'm sorry
I love you so much
You are my one and only.

When you aren't around
I feel lonely and cold
When we haven't talked
I feel sad and confused
When I saw you
Under the moonlit sky
My love for you
Was ne'er as strong.

I tried my best
I did what I could
Don't condemn me
Cause I couldn't keep
My e'erlasting promise
To keep you safe.

Forgive me...

No comments: