Saturday, September 25, 2010

Truth

Truth
 
For months I lived
In ignorance
For months I lived
In ignorant bliss
With those I trusted
But then came the time
Where I knew what I
Had to do to grow
I knew they cared not

I talked to her then
And decided what
I had to do now
I turned away and
Left without a word

I felt horrible
About how I acted
Yet as time went on
I knew I did what
Was right all along

I see her these days
And almost feel bad
She seems so joyful
But I see the truth
Behind her strained eyes

She always looks toward me
And tries to hide it
But I can sense the truth
And the truth brings me joy

She still feels something
She still cares somewhat
But what it was that
I felt is gone now
And forevermore

Now when I see her
I smile nicely
But say not a thing
As I hold my head
High and keep walking

I will survive this
Like I always have

No comments: